AURO 253 UNDERCOAT WHITE
Waterbased, solvent-free white undercoat for wood. Use as a primer* and undercoat for AURO 250 Gloss Paint and 260 Satin Paint. Read more below.
*Treat wood types rich in active substances with Special primer No. 117 prior to using AURO 253.
AURO Aqua 253 Undercoat is a waterbased, solvent-free white undercoat for wood. Use as a primer* and undercoat for AURO 250 Gloss Paint and 260 Satin Paint.
*On interior surfaces AURO 127 Hard Primer can be substituted by a priming coat of 253 diluted with 10% water. N.B. wood types rich in active substances (e.g. Oak, Ash, OSB) must be treated with Special primer No. 117 prior to using AURO 253.
- First prime with Hard primer no. 127 or with diluted Undercoat no. 253. Woods rich in active substances get primed with AURO Special primer no. 117.
- Then, if not already applied above, apply 1 coat of AURO Undercoat no. 253.
- Dust dry after approx. 10 hours; re-coatable after 24 hours.
- For final treatment apply topcoats of either AURO 250 Gloss Paint or AURO 260 Satin Paint.
- AURO 253 Undercoat is certified in line with EN 71, pt. 3, the so-called 'toy norm', and can therefore be used without worries on toys or surfaces in children's rooms.
Cleaning of tools
- Press product residues out of brushes or rollers immediately after use and wash thoroughly with AURO Plant soap No. 411 and water.
- Remove sticky, hard product residues by soaking the tools for longer periods in AURO Plant soap No. 411 or with AURO Thinner No. 191 then rinse thoroughly with AURO Plant soap No. 411 solution.
- Experience has shown the effectiveness of rubbing AURO Plant soap No. 411 into brushes, rollers, etc., then putting them into storage and rinsing them thoroughly with water prior to the next application.
|Available Sizes||Approx. coverage m2|
Coverage quoted is approx and may vary due to application or absorbtion from the substrate etc.; figures are for total area one coat would cover.
- Water; mineral fillers, titanium dioxide, linseed oil*, colophony glycerol ester with organ. acids*, dryers (cobalt-free), tensides made from rapeseed oil and castor oil, castor stand oil*, sunflower oil*,*as amine soaps, cellulose, fatty acids.
- Natural products are neither odourless nor emission-free. May cause allergic reactions.